Because the pipes are located underground, it is more difficult and time consuming to detect what the problems are and where. However, there will be obvious signs to indicate that there is a problem and repairs will be needed.
Here are some things that you should watch out for!
- consistent and recurring slow-draining pipes
- toilet fails to flush down all waste substances
- recurring clogs in the drainage system
- unpleasant odours escaping from the drain pipes
- consistent or intermittent presence of overflows and backups
- ageing pipe/drainage lines
- shallow pipes appearing to be close to the surface (pushed up by tree roots)
- broken, corroded and dislocated pipes
- high pressure water blasting fails to eradicate clogs
Hopefully this has given you a little bit of information that may well save you some money in the future. If you suspect a broken underground pipe in your property, simply give Central Gold Coast Plumbing a call and we will call by to see what the problem is and what is necessary to remedy same.
Central Gold Coast Plumbing - your professional plumbers
Call 0417 305050